Thursday, February 26, 2015

NEW LITTLE OBSESSIONS

Good afternoon girls! I haven't been on my blog a lot recently as one of my new years resolutions was to have a complete lifestyle change around and I am so happy to be able to come out and say at the end of February that I have conquered it already! In this post I am going to write about all my new found little obsessions, cleansing my life of pointless lounging around and eating horribly I've picked up some new habits which have benefited me greatly. 

Lemons
Yes, Lemons. I am now a true believer of the phrase "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." However, I do not intend to make lemonade, but to recognise that lemons can aid your health and body appearance. Every night before I go to bed I drink a glass of water with a slice of lemon it in and squeeze a little of the juice in there too. I also do this as soon as I wake up in the morning. The benefits I have noticed from this is weight loss. I don't want to be super skinny but I do want to cleanse toxins out of my body and loose a little body fat so that I look more toned and this method is definitely showing that the acid from the lemons can increase your metabolism. 

Green Tea and Lemons
I started drinking peach and cherry blossom flavoured green tea, replacing sugar was a touch of honey and two lemons to enhance the flavour and sweetness, it is so so good. I wake up in the morning really looking forward to my daily tea. My boyfriend suggested that I do this as he is aware I want to loose a little body weight, however I'm not sure if I'm seeing benefits in that way but I certainly feel more awake and alert throughout the day. I feel that I am a sufferer from low body iron, therefore I feel tired more than the average person, but green tea is giving me the kick I need! 

Oatmeal Pancakes
I genuinely love making these and its a great way to get your morning fibre, protein and vitamins. Making pancakes gives me that little bit of happiness in the morning. I decided to experiment and came up with my own recipe which make delicious oatmeal pancakes so if you would like this recipe leave a comment below. 

Work Outs
As a child and throughout high school I would say I was quite a sporty girl until I discovered makeup, clothes and boys! But I still have my determined mind set and competitiveness which has helped me to enjoy physical exercise once again. I do about 40 minutes of exercise almost every day. These exercises range from; HITT sessions, my boyfriend has contributed into designing my circuits, Pilates and Cardio sessions at the gym. If you're feeling low, unmotivated or just slightly unhappy I would honestly recommend fitting a work out in as it really increases my positive spirit and I have noticed that its had a positive impact on others too! 

So there are just a few of my new daily obsessions that 1, I enjoy doing and 2, know are going to benefit me short term but I am determined to carry it through to long term. I hope that this post maybe influenced some of you guys to take up a lifestyle change, as we do only get one body and should take care of it. If you would like any advice from myself, or my boyfriend who have an even wider knowledge on fitness just leave a comment below. Also, his personal Instagram is "bruno_p95". 

No comments:

Post a Comment