Monday, January 12, 2015

TOP 5 BEAUTY HACKS

Good afternoon girlies! I hope you all had a lovely weekend whilst I was working. For this post I thought I would reveal my top 5 beauty hacks (tricks) to help you with makeup application, shortcuts and suggestions for your overall beauty look. 

1. DO NOT OVERESTIMATE A COTTON SWAB
Applying eyeliner and mascara really can be such a messy task, especially when you're still at the stage of mastering the application, however using a cotton swab can make all the difference. Apply your winged eyeliner how you would and use a slightly damp cotton swap to gently remove any product you do not wish to be there to re-shape your wing. This little product of glory can also be used to remove any unwanted mascara which you normally find underneath your lower lash line or on the eye lid. I can honestly say I use cotton swabs on a daily basis. 

2. DO NOT PLUCK UNLESS YOU TRIM
Eyebrows have turned into a major craze in the beauty world and there is so much desire to have perfect brows. If you are wanting to re-shape your brows or decrease their thickness grab a pair of nail scissors and gently trim the brow hair. By doing so you are minimising the hair capacity of the brow without removing anything. This allows you to get a real sense of your natural brow shape before plucking. 

3. DO NOT APPLY MOISTURISER BEFORE YOUR FOUNDATION 
Now applying moisturiser before your foundation is one rule I don't follow. Whenever doing so my foundation just slides off quicker throughout the day. My suggestion would be to apply the moisturiser as soon as you go to bed, this way your skin is full of moisture in the morning without feeling greasy.

4. LIP LINER TO LIPSTICK  
Have you ever come across the most gorgeous lip liner shade however the quality is pretty poor, for example; it's dry, it flakes and it lasts about 2 minutes. What I like to do it apply the nudest of nude lipstick, I use Mac's Siren Song. I then take my lip liner and go over the top of the nude all over the lip. The purpose of this is that the liner provides the colour you want however the lipstick underneath provides a creamy and moisturised finish. It's also a great money saver by buying a quality nude lipstick and saver lip liners. 

5. COCONUT OIL 
Everyone should own coconut oil. I use this product every single day. I apply it to my hair (ends) before blow-drying and after I have straightened it to give a sleek and shiny finish. I also use coconut oil on my eyelashes. By applying a tiny amount onto your lashes before you go to bed it allows the lashes to absorb the moisture so they are able to gain thickness and strength. 

I hope you all take onboard my Top 5 Beauty Hacks, what hacks do you have to share?

1 comment:

  1. What a great post , love these type of post. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete